Monday, November 9, 2015

Ragi Laddu/Finger Millet Ladoo









Diwali is here and all I wanted to make this Diwali is something healthy as well as yummy .There was a pack of sprouted ragi flour in my freezer for quite sometime (I keep my flours in freezer so that it keeps fresh without any insects) and I usually make ragi dosa or ragi cookies with it.I wanted to ragi Laddus for this Diwali as these finger millets are packed with all the nutrients and also they are sprouted to add which is more nutritious and ideal for growing kids .I was curious about the taste but believe me it was more delicious than maa Laddu and my son seeing the colour thought it as chocolate Laddu and enjoyed it a lot.So Happy Diwali guys ! Enjoy your Diwali with these delicious Ragi lLddus.









Preparation time :30 mins
Makes:25 medium sized laddus 


Ingredients:
Sprouted ragi flour/ragi flour-2 cups
Sugar-1 cup
Ghee-1/4 cup or as needed to shape the laddus 
Cardamom powder-2 tsp
Assorted  chopped nuts(almond,pistachio,cashew)-3 tbsp

Procedure:

1.Dry roast ragi flour on slow flame till a nice aroma comes for around 15 mins.



2.Powder the sugar to a fine powder.Add this sugar to the roasted ragi flour and add the cardamom powder too.





3.Heat ghee and roast the nuts till they are golden brown. Add the flour and sugar mixture to the ghee and roasted nuts and mix well. Switch of the flame.





4.After mixing them well take a small amount of the mixture and press well between the palm to make laddus. 





5.Delicious and healthy ragi laddus are ready to be relished.





Tips:

*If the flour is not roasted properly then the laddus will not taste good.
*Use sufficient ghee to make balls out of the flour.
*I used sprouted ragi flour.You can also use normal ragi flour.
*You can reduce the sugar to 3/4th cup if not sweet toothed.
*These laddus tastes absolutely delicious.









No comments:

Post a Comment