Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mango Yogurt


Mangoes are in town and I am going crazy over mangoes.To my surprise my son who doesn't like most of the fruits showed a liking towards mangoes and I am so happy now because I have got a company to buy and eat more of them.

We also like to eat mango yogurt and other such fruit yogurts which we buy from the super markets.For a long time I wanted to try these yogurts at home and finally got my hands on to make these delicious mango yogurt.They are super easy to make and very delicious that you won't even prefer store brought ones which contains artificial colours and flavours.



Preparation time:10 mins + setting time(min 6 hours )
Serves:4

Ingredients:

Alphonso mango pulps(sweet ones)-from 2 mangoes
Evaporated milk or milk powder-5 tbsp
Sugar-1/4 cup(or less)
Milk-2 cups
Yogurt culture-few tsp



Procedure:

1.In a blender add the mango pulp,sugar and milk powder and beat them till they become a smooth paste.


2.Add this paste to the boiled and cooled down milk and mix well.


3.Pour this mango flavored milk in to dessert cups and add a tsp of yogurt culture to each of these cups and keep them at room temperature (preferably warm) for a minimum of 6 hours for them to set.


4.Once they are set,place them in refrigerator and serve chilled as a dessert.



Tips:

* You can adjust the sugar quantity based on your sweet index.
* As I used skimmed milk ,I added milk powder or evaporated milk to add thickness and creaminess.
* If you like cardamom flavor ,you can add a tsp of cardamom powder to the pulp before beating to a paste.
* You can add few small pieces of mango to the yogurt (in addition to the one which is ground to a paste) to add a fruity texture.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely mango yogurt. Yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had mango smoothie in the evening..my favourite fruit;)..This looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious mango yogurt.......looks like mango juice.lovely presentation.
    www.tastentips.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it alot dear!!!looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav mangoes.love this version desert too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creamy and delicious mango yogurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! looks so inviting and yummy!

    ReplyDelete