Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vegetable salad with green chutney and roasted Peanuts


Few years back I used to say eeewww :-(,when I see a salad and believe me now I started eating them on a regular basis.This time the credit goes to my mother in law as she makes salads regularly at home and everyone likes to eat it.After marriage I was surprised to eat raw vegetables along with rasam or sambar.But some of my mother in law's salads are really tasty with addition of simple ingredients and also due to the increasing awareness of healthy eating,I developed a like towards tasty salads and they are truly stomach filling and helps you to take reduced amount of rice or roti.It serves as a good side dish for sambar or vathakuzhambu  with hot plain rice also.

Serves:3
Preparation time:10 mins

Ingredients:
Grated Carrots-2 nos
Finely Diced cucumber-1 no
Finely chopped onion-1 no
Finely chopped tomato -1 no
Pomegranate kernels -from 1/2 of its fruit
Roasted and coarsely powdered peanuts-4 tbsp
Salt-to taste
Chopped fresh Coriander leaves- few

Procedure:

Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and serve.yummy vegetable salad is ready to eat.


Tips:
1.Refrigerate salad for later use.
2.To know how to make green chutney click here.
3.You can even add chopped capsicum,steamed American sweet corn kernels to this salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment