Saturday, August 30, 2014

Daangar Pachidi(Urad dhal flour raita )



Everytime I make murrukku or thattai for diwali or krishna jayanthi,I was always left with some roasted urad dhal flour which I used for it.This time after krishnajayanthi, again I had some leftover roasted urad dhal flour and one day when I called my mom ,I told her I don't  know what to do with this  leftover urad dhal flour.she told me that we can make a delicious raita with this roasted urad dhal flour and it is known as Daangar pachidi traditionally.It tastes great with any vathakhuzhambu or sambar.I was quite unsure whether there will be any raw smell of urad dhal flour as we roast the urad dhal only till it turns light pink and not golden brown for murrukku or thattai.But to my surprise the Daangar pachidi came out superb and here goes my post for the recipe of Daangar pachidi.

Preparation time:5 mins
Serves:2

Ingredients:
Roasted urad dal flour-1 1/2 tbsp
Thick curd-1 cup
Hing-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Coriander leaves chopped- few to garnish
Oil-1 tsp

To temper:
Mustard-1 tsp
Jeera -1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Green chillies chopped-2 no s

Procedure:

1. In a vessel add the roasted urad dhal flour, salt, hing and curd and mix well.


2. In a small pan,add a tsp of oil and add the tempering ingredients.once the mustard and jeera splutters add it to the curd mixture.


3. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with vathakhuzhambu or sambar or puliyotharai.



No comments:

Post a Comment